A Reiki treatment is a traditional healing technique that originated in Japan. Reiki is based on the idea that there is an unseen life force that flows through us and is what gives us life.
What does the Reiki mean? Let’s look at the word in two parts:
“Rei” which means universal spirit or essence or Higher Power
“Ki” which means energy or life force
Reiki is the universal essence of energy or life force.
A Reiki Healer goes through a process of training, self-reflection and self-healing and receives in this process attunements connecting them to the Reiki Energy.
So, how does this all work? The Reiki Healer becomes a channel for the healing to take place. The healing session is non-invasive and extremely gentle. The focus is to facilitate healing with the intent of love, light and grace for everyone involved.
Reiki is a powerful healing tool as well as a well-established outlet for spiritual growth and building a connection to Source.
If a person’s life force energy is low, then we are more likely to get sick, feel tired or stressed. If our life force is high and balanced we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Instead of treating the symptoms, Reiki works with the root cause. Sometimes we feel low but we don’t know the reason or understand why. This is the beauty of Reiki, it is bigger than us and through Reiki we don’t always have to understand or know. We can feel better through balancing the Chakras.
The Reiki Healer can channel energy into the patient to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being. Reiki facilitates and assists the body to heal itself.
Reiki assists the whole person in balancing our Physical Body, Mind Body, our Emotional Body and our Spirit Body in order to function optimally.
Benefits of Reiki
Illness and disease manifest in the body due to an imbalance of the body’s energy field and/or Chakras. A lot of the time we see illnesses manifest after years of imbalance, so keeping this in mind, know that Reiki is not a quick miraculous fix but instead a process of healing. The duration of this process differs from person to person and illness to illness.
Healing Benefits of Reiki:
- Reduces physical pain and discomfort
- Induces a deep relaxation and aids in stress and tension relief
- Increases self awareness
- Cleanses the human energy field bringing the Chakras into balance
- Assists the body in releasing and cleansing stuck toxins
- Assists in reducing the symptoms of insomnia
- Supports and stimulates the immune system
- Assists in cleansing the mind, improving focus
- Assists to counter Chronic Fatigue and increases energy levels
- Instead of healing Physical and/or Emotional symptoms, Reiki heals underlying root causes manifested over time
- Facilitates the process of natural healing
- Increases the body’s ability to self heal
- Facilitates emotional release where healing follows
- Dissolves energy blocks promoting balance between mind, body and spirit
- Increase energy levels
- Amplifies the connection with one’s spirituality
- Increases one’s creativity by removing blockages that may manifest into creative blocks
- Reduces blood pressure
- Compliments modern medical treatment
- Calming the mind
Through Reiki we are able to determine where the body is out of balance. By looking at this and understand where and how the imbalance was conceived, we can see how to balance ourselves and our environments in order to restore balance.
Reiki can assist in the healing process of the following (but not limited to) treatments:
- Low Self Esteem
- Back problems
- Colds and Flus
Reiki can also be used for:
- When you are not sick but just want to increase relaxation
- Reiki has proven to assist cancer patients
- Assisting prescribed medication through the body
- By having a Reiki treatment before, during and after a surgery has proven to assist the healing
- Broken bones
- During hospitalisation
- Assists during pregnancy
- Assist removing blocks should you be struggling to conceive